- Tube feeding: information for people with or affected by motor neurone disease
- What is this leaflet about?
- Motor neurone disease (MND) can cause difficulties with eating and drinking. Muscles in your throat and mouth may become weak, slow or uncoordinated. This can affect your ability to chew and swallow, leading to weight loss, dehydration and lack of energy.
Your health and social care team may suggest a feeding tube to ease these problems, but this can feel like a difficult choice. This information sheet explains the options to help you make an informed decision
- Who produced this leaflet?
- Motor Neurone Disease Association