- Having a sentinel lymph node biopsy and wide local excision for malignant melanoma
- What is this leaflet about?
- If you have recently been diagnosed with melanoma, you will most likely need further treatment called wide local excision (WLE). In addition to this, you may be eligible and benefit from an addition procedure called sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB).
This leaflet explains what each surgical procedure involves and the benefits and risks of having them. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to speak to your skin cancer nurse specialist who would be happy to help.
- Access this Leaflet
Download as PDF
- Who produced this leaflet?
- Skin Cancer Multidisciplinary Team (MDT)